There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating an app account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an app Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone, profile picture etc.
- Location information When you use Ask Us services, we may collect and process information about your actual location.
- Unique application numbers Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, members card) may be sent to admin when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
We may use the name you provide for your app Profile across all of the services we offer that require a app Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your app Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services.
When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Transparency : People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of our company.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We keep your personal information private and safe — and put you in control.