I Parikshit Jobanputra want to share some modern parenting tips & traps. As a parent of new generation kids, just think! Years back Our Poor / Illiterate Parents had given us stress free & happy childhood. They produced Doctors, Engineers, Scientists, Accountants, Lawyers, Architects, Professors…
Whom I will refer to as “Group-A.”
These “Group-A.” Children struggled on their own after Primary 6 or Grade 12, to become notable personalities. Most of them trekked to school “barefooted” went to farms fetched water and firewood
cared for domesticated animals did some work including trading after school to survive.
Now “Group-A”, who have now become Parents themselves are producing “Group-B” Children
These group B children are…
- Helped in their homework or assignments from nursery school through secondary schools.
- School Bus or Chauffeur driven to very expensive schools or are sent abroad to study.
- They can watch movies from morning till dawn after school.
- In home also they are treated like baby kings and queens.
- They don’t do any household chores.
- Food is put on the table for them, their plates are removed and washed by parents or house maids.
- They are given expensive Toys and clothes, not forgetting “big pocket monies to be wasted” !
- Their parents help them in doing their assignments. In spite of all these, only few can “speak” or “write” correctly.
“Group-A” Parents cared for their own parents and children, “Group-B”, their Children are still struggling to find their feet at age 30+.
They find it difficult to do things on their own because they are used to being helped to think and doing things by “Group-A”. So they can’t help themselves, their parents or the society.
Tips for Modern Parents
- Reduce the pampering and the unnecessary help you offer your children.
- Let your children grow in wisdom, intelligence and strength by their own experience.
- Let them face the truth and the realities of life.
- Teach them to grow to become independent adults.
- Teach them to fear God, respect others and develop confidence in themselves.
- Parents, discipline your children to become responsible adults.
Wishing You a very Successful Parenting…
– Life Management Coach